[mapserver-dev] AGG dependency

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 11:41:14 EDT 2009

I am also generally supportive of this because of the user and
maintenance headaches, but I would caution that a concern of mine is
the MapScript side of the fence.  For example, matplotlib is a Python
library that uses AGG underneath.  When we had GD in the mix, a
problem was our clashing with PHP's internal GD.  Since AGG is fancy C+
+ :), I'm wondering if it would be possible to put our fork of the AGG
under a namespace to prevent symbol clashes.