[mapserver-dev] History lost on RFCs in SVN trunk

Lars Lingner ml at lingner.eu
Thu Aug 27 11:49:49 EDT 2009

Daniel Morissette schrieb:
> Guys,
>
> I just noticed that in the reorganization of the docs to support
> multiple languages in svn trunk, the history of the RFCs has been lost.
> This may not be a big deal for docs in general, but for RFCs I find that
> the history is kind of important.

Thanks for pointing that out. As I restructured the docs I didn't
thought about the history.

My intention was to do an enhancement not an worsening...
I'm sorry for this.

Is there a way to get the history back? And how can I be any help?

I still have an checkout from 2009-06-17 rev 9107 but the history is
only kept on server side, isn't it?

A side note: In last couple of month there were a few threads regarding
documentation. There wasn't much response of mapserver users, well who
is interested in documentation work... I'm not ;))

I'm still interested in an answer to the question asked by Daniel in [1]
The current setup is not finished from my point of view. But I'm not
comfortable with just doing something without having asked around
whether its the way to go or not.

So... I'm still there and willing to work further on the docs.

Lars

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-dev/2009-June/008847.html