[mapserver-dev] Export SVG with and without Mapserver

Maria Neywell maria.neywell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 02:48:20 EST 2009

Hi list,

I want to export my map in svg format and I’ve been looking for it since one
week. I used MapServer SVG export
http://mapserver.org/output/svg.htmlhowever the result was a weird svg
(the result seems to have a kind of
aliasing). I explained what doesn’t work on the Mapserver Users Mailing
list, see : http://n2.nabble.com/Export-SVG-tc4057884.html#a4057884.

Without significative results I oriented myself to find another way to
export my current map view in a svg file. And I succeeded in.

So, I fixed my problem. I can export my view in a svg file but I found what
was going wrong with Mapserver and that’s why I open this topic. As I
explain in Mapserver Users mailing list, Mapserver  renders a SVG with
simplified
geometry. The fact is that I test my SVG export using the php “round”
function on the pixel calculated for the geometry svg export. The render is
very similar to what Mapserver renders.

Now, without rounding my pixels results when I export my current view in svg
with my current experimental code I have good svg render. I think it would
be better if it was implemented in Mapserver, because I don’t think that my
system is very performant in comparison with what Mapserver could do.

Best regards,

Maria