[mapserver-dev] RE: [OSGeo-Discuss] GeoREST 1.0 Released!

JUDD.CHRISTOPHER JUDD.CHRISTOPHER at flsenate.gov
Tue Dec 29 07:57:25 EST 2009

I would love to see RESTful web services come to Mapserver.  I would think there are two important pieces to any successful web service framework 1) discoverability - meaning there is some kind of built in catalog for each service that provides system level metadata about each layer (geom type, extent, etc...) and 2) it works on an existing framework

It looks GeoREST works with OpenLayers and they are providing a catalog listing of their data offerings...this looks pretty close to me.

-Chris