[mapserver-dev] Toronto sprint hopes and dreams

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 11:10:03 EST 2009

2009/2/4 Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com>

> I just checked the attendance list and only you and SteveW will be missing
> from the PSC. I don't think we can expect all changes to be RFC'd and voted
> before the sprint since the whole idea of the event is to get together to
> fast track design discussions and development, so the real discussions and
> decisions will happen there.  If/when significant changes are discussed in
> Toronto that require a RFC and vote, would it be acceptable to you and
> SteveW to have a shorter voting period for the duration of the sprint so
> that we can allow things to move more quickly?
>
> Perhaps if you could be available over IRC or skype we could include you in
> some of the important discussions?

Daniel,

I've also missed Umberto from the list (If we use the same list, /
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Toronto_Code_Sprint_2009/).
I'm fine having a shorter period and I could be online on IRC most of the
time according to the central european time zone.

It would be OK to summarize the final concept in a short email and the
europeans would respond by mail or get online within a desired time denoted
in this mail.
We could also think about a regular daily IRC meeting times in every day
where all of those changes would be discussed to keep the things moving.

By raising this I just wanted to make sure a particular change will lead to
a proper direction not requiring to revert that because of a possible future
enhancement was not counted by the attendees for example.
However there's no doubt this event will be a good chance to get significant
improvements in the code, definitely :-)

Best regards

Tamas