[mapserver-dev] EPSG File Overhead

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Wed Feb 4 17:52:26 EST 2009

It wouldn't be that hard to add something to the construction of the
projectionObj that hashes all the configuration arguments into one key
for identity comparison... frankly, the overhead in ESPG searching is
so much higher (you pay it for every layer, every parse run, even if
you don't use the layer) than the overhead for reprojection, you're
still better off with the explicit strings.

P.