[mapserver-dev] WFS 1.1.0 Server and lat/long axis order

Kralidis,Tom [Ontario] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Fri Feb 20 15:36:06 EST 2009

We recently stood up 5.2.1 to offer up corporate WMS, WFS, WCS and SOS
interfaces.

We have MAP.PROJECTION set to init=epsg:4326.

We don't have MAP.WEB.METADATA.wfs_srs set.

We have MAP.LAYER.METADATA.PROJECTION set (to each layer's native
projection)

WFS 1.1.0 shows EPSG:4326 as the DefaultSRS for the FeatureType in
question (probably fetching from MAP.PROJECTION?).

A colleague has noticed that connecting to our endpoint using WFS 1.1.0,
through ESRI ArcMap.  ArcMap renders the features flipped.

Searching a bit more, we found:

http://n2.nabble.com/WFS-lat-lon-coordinates-switched-in-ArcGIS-td205507
9.html

When I try in QGIS, the WFS renders fine.

Anyone have suggestions?  Can WFS offer up > 1 SRS?  This would be
_non-trivial_ change to the codebase.

..Tom