[mapserver-dev] tilecache, mapServer and owsRequest

Guillaume Sueur no-reply at neogeo-online.net
Sun Jan 4 14:58:21 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm cross-posting to Tc and Mapserver list because the problem I'm
facing appears when using a MapServer layer class with TileCache, and I
don't have a clue about its origin.
TileCache is running in mod_python, driven by a django app.
When requesting a MapServer layer to be drawn and cached, the results
only shows layers with STATUS set to ON, with no respect to the 'layers'
parameter of the OwsRequest Object. I've checked that this 'layers'
parameter is correct from my request to tilecache one, and it is. The
layer does exist in the mapfile as well.
Turning dynamically all layers to OFF and the requested one to ON
produces the desired result, but as Chris wrote, it's not a sustainable
solution.

I suspect the problem is coming from the OWSRequest Object, which is a
bit as a black box for me.

I must say that my django app is requesting 'live' layers throught
mapscript.OWSRequest, without this problem. I'm using map.OWSDispatch(
req ) instead of  wms.loadOWSParameters(req) and mapImage = wms.draw()
as in TileCache.

So, if anyone as any idea about why the layers param is not interpreted
in an OWSRequest using mod_python, I'd be glad to read it !

Best regards, and happy new year to all of you

Guillaume Sueur