[mapserver-dev] MapServer Website Migration

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Jan 5 10:19:04 EST 2009

Make that a +1,000,000 for mapserver.org. It's taken 7 years of persistent emails
to finally get that address and we need to use it!

Steve

>>> Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> 01/04/09 8:59 PM >>>

>> Actually, thanks to some sweet talk by Steve and the previous owner's
>> kindness, the site is *really* located at:
>>
>> http://mapserver.org
>>
>> now.

excellent!

> So do we use http://www.mapserver.org, or http://mapserver.osgeo.org for presentations, links, etc.?  What do folks think?

a strong +1 for using http://www.mapserver.org for everything.  Just
recently someone laughed at me when I was excited to say that the URL
was changed (they laughed because it was still confusing,
blah.blah.org)...let's make it easy for everyone to come to our site.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services