[mapserver-dev] Motion: managing UMN MapServer handbook files(german language) in the mapserver-svn

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 18:43:06 EST 2009

Steve,

I'd happy to have more people getting involved in the MapServer
documentation area. It seems neglected quite a lot as we rather do coding
than documenting most of the time ;-)
How about forming a sub-committee having more specific rules and guidelines
to provide the "official" documentation stuff. Those folks would be
responsible to for example:

1. Give commiter access for those who require update access
2. Create RFC for the general documentation rules
3. Review the new (or existing) docs with regards to the validity and format
rules before it gets committed
4. Take care of the match of the contents and the versions
4. Accept and handle doc specific issues/tickets in trac
5. Might synchronize the locale specific contents

etc.

I'm thinking about Jeff to take on the guidance of this group would be cool.

I add +1 to have commit access for those who maintain documentation stuff.

Best regards,

Tamas