[mapserver-dev] docs and branches...

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jan 26 13:06:39 EST 2009

I think we've now had 2 big doc discussions on IRC lately, but I suggest
we move those discussions to this thread so we can all have input.

I am for tagging and publishing the docs, but only as long as those docs
are frozen (no more updates ever), and somehow those older doc versions
can't be mistakenly referenced by Google or whatever (I remember this
was a big problem with the doc versions with the blue site, users
thinking the latest mapfile parameters were in the doc they were
viewing, but they were accessing 3.0 docs or something.  The result was
that power users of the old blue site always went to the dev versions of
the docs.

Can we somehow handle these issues?

-jeff