[mapserver-dev] Is "In msCleanupOnSignal." error log message a bad sign?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 7 23:31:09 EDT 2009

Richard Greenwood wrote:
> Hey - I posted this on the mapserver user list but didn't get a reply,
> so I'm trying here. Sorry for the cross post.
>
> My Apache error log is full of "In msCleanupOnSignal." entries. Can
> anyone tell me what it means and if I should be concerned? I built
> 5.2.2 with the config options below:
>
> ./configure --with-postgis=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config\
>  --with-geos\
>  --with-gdal\
>  --with-proj\
>  --without-eppl\
>  --with-ogr
>
> Mapserver is running fine, but I figure anything in an error log is
> worth investigating.

Rich,

I'm not sure why this is happening.  The msCleanupOnSignal was primarily
added for the fastcgi case where we want to cleanup resources on an
exit triggered by a signal.  I'm not sure why things would end up in
there in a normal cgi mapserv process.

I had reviewed the code after your first email, but since I did not come
to any clear conclusion I hesitated to reply.