[mapserver-dev] msautotest hanging on Windows due to arecent change

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Sun Jul 12 13:05:50 EDT 2009

I believe I've fixed this. Graticule layers had screwy functions to manage iteminfo. For
some reason they were mucking with the items/numitems layer attributes and the new
which items code exposed this problem. I imagine this stems from the initial implementation
when, perhaps, there was thought to storing a graticule line's label in a an attribute. Instead
shape->text holds that information. I don't believe graticules need *any* attributes and a
bit of code could be removed from mapgraticule.c. Will create a ticket to track that removal.

Steve

>>> "Steve Lime" <Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us> 07/11/09 8:32 AM >>>
I'll check... Steve

>>> Tamas Szekeres <szekerest at gmail.com> 07/10/09 6:09 PM >>>
Hi All,

I've found an annoying effect of one of the recent changes in trunk causing
msautotest (buildbot) to hang in the following command (in msautotest/misc):

shp2img -m grid.map -o result/grid.png

The process is running in an infinite loop with a significant cpu
utilization.

By breaking the execution in a debugger the call stack looks something like:

     libmap.dll!_gdCacheGet()  + 0x20 bytes    C
     libmap.dll!_gdImageArc()  + 0x751 bytes    C
     libmap.dll!_gdImageStringFTEx()  + 0x843 bytes    C
     libmap.dll!_gdImageStringFT()  + 0x3c bytes    C
>    libmap.dll!msDrawTextGD(gdImageStruct * img=0x028e6cc0, pointObj
labelPnt={...}, char * string=0x02a3a678, labelObj * label=0x02ac17d8,
fontSetObj * fontset=0x00f0b3e8, double scalefactor=1.0000000000000000)
Line 2988 + 0x58 bytes    C
     libmap.dll!msDrawText(imageObj * image=0x028e6c80, pointObj
labelPnt={...}, char * string=0x02a3a678, labelObj * label=0x02ac17d8,
fontSetObj * fontset=0x00f0b3e8, double scalefactor=1.0000000000000000)
Line 822 + 0x31 bytes    C
     libmap.dll!msDrawLabelCache(imageObj * image=0x028e6c80, map_obj *
map=0x00f0b3a0)  Line 2424 + 0x4b bytes    C
     libmap.dll!msDrawMap(map_obj * map=0x00f0b3a0, int querymap=0)  Line
507 + 0xd bytes    C
     shp2img.exe!00401ae7()
     [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for
shp2img.exe]
     shp2img.exe!00401dba()
     kernel32.dll!7d4e7d42()

I'd wonder if someone who have better knowledge about the recent changes
could find out the reason.
I could see a couple of changes related to msLayerWhichItems which caused
issues, but I don't see one by one correspondence between those changes and
this problem.

Best regards,

Tamas