[mapserver-dev] Vote for MapServer 5.4.2 release (and also 5.2.3 and 4.10.5?)

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Jul 15 17:20:34 EDT 2009

Hi PSC,

A member of the Debian security team has informed us that the fix for
CVE-2009-0840 in ticket #2943 was incomplete. He helped us see the light
and now we have a proper fix in SVN trunk and in all branches going back
to 4.10.x. See: http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2943#comment:9

Because of this, we need to decide on producing new releases:

*** Vote #1 ***
I propose that we release MapServer 5.4.2 now with the fixes currently
in SVN branch-5-4.

I open the vote with my +1 to release 5.4.2 now.

*** Vote # 2 ***
Then we also need to decide whether we also issue new releases for the
other branches which were released with the incomplete fix back in
April. That would mean releasing 5.2.3 and 4.10.5.

I'll vote +1 to also release 5.2.3 and 4.10.5.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/