[mapserver-dev] Re: [geos-devel] mapserver crash on exit, with svn head geos

strk strk at keybit.net
Tue Jul 21 10:43:12 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 04:57:01PM -0400, David Fuhry wrote:
> With GEOS from svn, mapserver crashes on calling exit(), as GEOS
> destroys the static string defined in GEOS' WKBReader.cpp:
>
> string WKBReader::BAD_GEOM_TYPE_MSG = "bad geometry type encountered in ";

Please check that mapserver is not linked to 2 different versions
of the geos lib. I have had a similar problem with qgis/gdal due
to this problem. A rebuild of both packages fixed it for me.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!