[mapserver-dev] MapServer IDENT Error: First token must be MAP, this doesn't look like a mapfile

Christian Canales ccanales29 at yahoo.es
Tue Jun 9 17:04:53 EDT 2009

Hi...

I was working in some change of my map file...

This is how it looks now :

-------------------
#
# Start of map file
#
# Sample map file for a chameleon app.
#
MAP
  NAME DEMO
  STATUS ON
  SIZE 400 300
  SYMBOLSET ../etc/symbols.sym
  EXTENT -85.9502 8.0396 -82.5527 11.2199
  UNITS kilometers
  SHAPEPATH "../data"
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  FONTSET ../etc/fonts.txt
  TRANSPARENT FALSE
END
#
# Start of web interface definition
#
WEB
  #MINSCALE 2000000
  #MAXSCALE 50000000
#
# On Windows systems, /tmp and /tmp/ms_tmp/ should be created at the root
# of the drive where the .MAP file resides.
#
  IMAGEPATH "/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/"
  IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"
#  LOG "/tmp/gmap.log"
  METADATA
  END
END

#
# Start of reference map
#
REFERENCE
   IMAGE images/costarica_keymap.jpg
   EXTENT -85.9502 8.0396 -82.5527 11.2199
   STATUS ON
  COLOR -1 -1 -1
  OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
  SIZE 120 90
END

#
# Start of legend
#
LEGEND
  KEYSIZE 18 12
  LABEL
    TYPE BITMAP
    SIZE MEDIUM
    COLOR 0 0 89
  END
  STATUS ON
END

#
# Start of scalebar
#
SCALEBAR
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  LABEL
    COLOR 0 0 0
    SIZE SMALL
  END
  SIZE 150 5
  COLOR 255 255 255
  BACKGROUNDCOLOR 0 0 0
  OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
  UNITS kilometers
  INTERVALS 5
  STATUS ON
END

QUERYMAP
  STYLE HILITE
  COLOR 255 0 0
END

PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4326"
END

#
# Start of layer definitions
#

LAYER
    NAME "paises"
    TYPE POLYGON
.
.
.
.
END
-------------------

But now I got this error...

<!-- MapServer IDENT Error: First token must be SYMBOLSET, this doesn't look like a symbol file. -->

I know this is sothing about identifiers order, but I dont know what is the correcct order...

If somebody can provide me this part of the map, just as a sample...

It would be great...

Or if somebody can chat with me for a minute... it would be better...

I just need an explanation in order to solve this issue... I work in fedora 10, mapserver 5.4.0, and chameleon... but I cannot make any chameleon sample run...

Thanks a lot for your answer, idea or tips...

Have a nice day....