[mapserver-dev] PHP Mapscript - Differences between whichShapeand queryByShape

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Mar 2 09:38:31 EST 2009

Can you post the dataset, mapfile and test script please? The function
whichShapes is
used internally in msQueryByShape() (and all the other query/drawing
routines) so something
isn't right in your test scenario.

Steve

>>> Nicol Hermann <mapserver at geoworld.de> 03/01/09 10:55 AM >>>
Hi Guillaume,

i attached a short sample script which executes both methods on the same
dataset.
The polygon is constructed from the coordinates of the rectangle.
Given this, i would expect the same number of query results from both
methods.
But this is not the case:
whichShapes returns 2673 records while queryByShape returns 2695
records.
Can someone explain which this is the case?

Best regards
Nicol