[mapserver-dev] Re: Performance Testing numbers

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Mar 8 17:43:01 EDT 2009

Julien-Samuel Lacroix wrote:
> Oh! and the link is:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/PerformanceTesting

These numbers do not look that different, not that you shouldn't look
into them regardless, but your min=270 and max=305 is 35 requests in 20
sec or on avg. 1.75 request per sec delta from your worse to best.

You said: "** Copied the 3 layers in the mapfile multiple times to get a
total of 100 layers. The copied layers were not called like the 3
original ones."

Just so I understand, you are measuring parsing time of the additional
97 layers, but you are not drawing them - correct?

Does the 4th test have project blocks on all the layers also? is this
100 layers or just 3 layers.

Thanks,
   -Steve W