[mapserver-dev] Vote for MS-RFC-55: Improve control of output resolution

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Mar 16 08:14:54 EDT 2009

Jeff McKenna wrote:

> My only comment is that I had to give the RFC a good read until I
> understood what "DEFRESOLUTION" meant.  How about we give the new
> keyword a more understandable name for a new user?  DEFAULTRESOLUTION?

I'll be first to admit that DEFRESOLUTION is a poor name (I think I even
wrote that before), but we could not find anything better and personally
I find DEFAULTRESOLUTION a bit long and not that much more meaningful.
However if you make that a formal proposal and collect enough +1 to
change the name then I have no problem with the change.

Technically the vote to adopt the RFC ends this afternoon at 2pm, so you
can still -1 it and propose an amended version, the alternative I guess
is that all those who voted +1 on the RFC already would have to show
their support for the new name, which comes down to the equivalent of
restarting the vote anyway.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/