[mapserver-dev] Vote for MS-RFC-55: Improve control of output resolution

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Mon Mar 16 14:29:35 EDT 2009

Or we could add MS_FONTPOINTS as a unit and get rid of the user documentation confusion.

New User: "I changed my RESOLUTION to be 300 dpi so I could print my map, but the text is now too small!"

Experienced User: "Change/Set your LAYER's SIZEUNITS to FONTPOINTS and it will be the same size on the screen and on the printed map no matter what RESOLUTION value you choose."

I know, I know, I already made my pitch.. :)

Brent