[mapserver-dev] MS SQL Server 2008 support?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon May 25 14:36:16 EDT 2009

Graham,

You can download SQL Server Express 2008, which includes the spatial
option (all versions of 2008 do).
http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/trial-software.aspx

The source code also tells you that indexes are used:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/tags/rel-5-4-0/mapserver/mapmssql2008.c#L631

And the binary transmission is used:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/tags/rel-5-4-0/mapserver/mapmssql2008.c#L556

You've been asking variants of this question on IRC, too. Download,
compile, try.

P.