[mapserver-dev] Web Map Server performance benchmarking for FOSS4G 2009

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri May 29 14:54:48 EDT 2009

Most of you will remember the MapServer vs GeoServer performance
comparisons that were presented at the last two FOSS4G:
   http://conference.osgeo.org/index.php/foss4g/2008/paper/view/256
   http://www.foss4g2007.org/presentations/view.php?abstract_id=120

Last year, we talked abouot participating actively in the next edition
of this presentation, making it a yearly performance challenge.

Well, time has come to start working on this. A mailing list has just
been created and we will try to coordinate our work on there: definition
of the benchmarks and test environment, preparation of the presentation,
etc.

So far a few of us have started discussing this off-list, but a public
list has just been created to really kick things off. Anyone interested
is invited to join the fun:

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/