[mapserver-dev] symbol lazy-loading

Pavel Iacovlev iacovlev.pavel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 07:24:52 EST 2009

Good day all,

As I understood on render request mapserver loads all symbols into
memory thats is fine if you have under 64 symbols (default limit). I
have a topographical map to render that maybe will have around 200+
symbols and like 5-10 will be used per request. Maybe implementing
lazy-loading (only then needed) for symbols will improve the
performance ? and remove the cap at all. Another question is if I have
100 image symbols all 100 images are loaded into memory on render
request ?

--
http://iap.md, The future is open