[mapserver-dev] Python Mapscript Swig Problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 13 11:18:35 EDT 2009

Alan Boudreault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if I am the only one who experienced the following
> problem:
>
> When I compile the python mapscript (svn trunk), the swig python wrapper seems
> to be wrong. Everytime, I have to open the "mapscript.py" file manually, and
> correct the indentation problem at line 718 and 1247. I've also generated the
> python mapscript of Mapserver 5.4.2 and the problem is not present.
>
> My swig version: SWIG Version 1.3.36

Alan,

You might want to check if my patch:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/changeset/9230

is introducing this problem for you.  I found I was having a similar problem
and I *suspect* there is a difference in the effect of the indentation
depending on swig version.

It may prove to be appropriate to back out my change, and for me to upgrade
my swig.  I'm not sure what version of swig I was using on the system in
question.

It might also be possible to restructure this code snippet in pymodule.i to
avoid whatever ambiguity is messing us up.