[mapserver-dev] Mapserver 5.6 PHP-MapscriptCrash (processquerytemplate)

Dieter Zuberbühler dieter.zuberbuehler at gogis.ch
Thu Apr 29 03:38:17 EDT 2010

i found the problem...

it's a side effect metioned in the migration guide...

=====================================
MapServer 5.4 to 5.6 Migration Guide
=====================================

RFC 36 added support for templated outptformats, but this new feature
was not available for WMS GetFeatureInfo ouptut (see ticket #3024).
In MapServer 5.6 this has been resolved by implementing lookup of output
formats for query templates by mime-type. However this caused a conflict
for the text/html mime-type between the actual text/html query
templates and the preconfigured imagemap outputformat which also used the
text/html mime-type.

In order to resolve this conflict, the mime-type of the imagemap
outputformat
has been changed to "text/html; driver=imagemap". This is unlikely to cause
much side-effects to existing applications, but the change is documented
here
just in case.

i had this in my mapfile (but don't use it at all->selected format was gif):

  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME "imagemap"
    MIMETYPE "text/html"
    DRIVER "imagemap"
  END

if i remove this outputformat completely or change it to:

  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME "imagemap"
    MIMETYPE ""text/html; driver=imagemap""
    DRIVER "imagemap"
  END

everything is fine!!!

i tested the function 'processquerytemplate' with postgis and shapefile
layers...

thanks dieter