[mapserver-dev] mapgd2 - raster support

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Feb 24 12:16:32 EST 2010

Steve / Thomas,

I've been reasonable successful implementing raster support for plugin
renderers that implement supports_pixel_buffer / getRasterBuffer().  Now
I'd like to implement support for renders that don't, and that instead offer
mergeRasterBuffer().

I assume that the GD2 renderer is intended to work this way right?  If so,
do you have any objection to me implementing the mergeRasterBuffer() method
in mapgd2.c so I have something to test against?  Alternatively, are there
other plugin drivers that work this way I could target?  I imagine this could
be done with the cairo renders but after a brief look I'm a bit intimidated
trying to build cairo.