[mapserver-dev] advanced WMS questions

bartvde at osgis.nl bartvde at osgis.nl
Fri Jan 15 07:44:22 EST 2010

Hi list,

in The Netherlands we have a Dutch WMS profile, and I have 2 questions of
how we can configure Mapserver to be compliant with this profile:

1) GetFeatureInfo (WMS 1.1.1) uses application/vnd.ogc.gml as the
mime-type, however the Dutch profile demands text/xml. I don't know of a
way to set an alias in Mapserver for this mime-type currently. Is there a
way?

I tried:

"WMS_FEATURE_INFO_MIME_TYPE"    "text/xml"

However then the query processing runs through Mapserver templating
instead of just outputting msGMLOutput.

2) The top-level layer (MAP->NAME) does not have a MetadataURL. Is there a
way to suppress the <Name> element for the top-level layer, and only have
a <Title>? Or suppress it altogether?

TIA.

Best regards,
Bart