[mapserver-dev] WMS and cookies

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Jan 27 13:43:53 EST 2010

Lime, Steve D (DNR) wrote:
> Perhaps this could be controlled by env vars? MS_OGC_IGNORE_COOKIES, MS_CGI_IGNORE_COOKIES and perhaps even an order one (e.g. MS_PARAMS_BEFORE_COOKIES) one. These would be set in the webserver configuration and processed within cgiutil.c. Since a runtime option isn't possible this would be better than a compile-time one... Just thinking out loud.

I agree this needs to be fixed for OGC/WMS, but since in the OGC/WMS
case we never want cookies to be appended to params, the cookies should
automatically be ignored in that case. For this reason I'm not too keen
on requiring this kind of environment variables unless there is
absolutely no other way to go.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/