[mapserver-dev] New feature for 6.0: Ability to escape double quote inside a string

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Wed Jul 7 09:54:36 EDT 2010

Hi devs,

Yesterday, I hit again a bug about double quotes in a use case. (See
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/3481 ) I think it would be nice to add
a new feature in MS 6.0: the ability to escape a quote/double quote inside a
string. First, we should determine what would be the escape char (probably
something like \" or "") and secondly the proper way to do it. Perhaps Steve
would have a few hints to say, since he played a lot in the lexer code.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Alan

--