[mapserver-dev] pre-RFC - Add an HTTP request data provider to mapserver

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Jul 29 10:07:35 EDT 2010

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> OK, this is a valid suggestion I had not thought of trying to write a
> WFS server as the interface. This seems like a lot of work to do for
> what we want, but I guess it is just a matter of where it is done, ie:
> in mapserver vs in PHP.

I think Chris is right, implementing a WFS interface on your server
would be the right way to achieve this, and it won't be much more work
than creating your own custom interface. You can implement a simple WFS
that only supports the GET method and the basic params such as BBOX and
simple filters, something you were planning to support in your custom
interface anyway.

> So I guess the qustion now is, Does anyone know of a simple WFS server
> in PHP that I can hack the data stores to tie into a a search engine?

A quick google search led me to http://www.easywms.com/ which claims to
support WFS.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/