[mapserver-dev] Mapserver install

AxuMagic3496 magic3496 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 23:32:19 EST 2010

I am new to Mapserver and I am not sure if this the forum to ask questions
regarding how to configure MapServer for windows. I am getting a config
error after installing using OsGeo4w. I tried reinstalling it but to avail.

The error message that shows up while trying the basic application demo is
as follows
<

Internal Server Error

to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin at local.domain and inform them
of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
have caused the error.

Other parts of the program such as ka-map seem to work fine. The ka-map user
interface comes up But the MapServer demos are not working.

 I am looking forward to use MapServer to share Bike network shape files in
the Boston area.

The KA-Map sample loads and I think that means MapServer is running
correctly. I used the expert install and included as many tools as I thought
useful. I have used QGis and did not install that. I do not think QGIS
should matter anyway.

Any pointers to documentation would be most appreciated.

Maaza