[mapserver-dev] Re: mapserver-dev Digest, Vol 26, Issue 6

geographika geographika at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 01:56:11 EST 2010

Hi,

I believe there is a bug in the SQL Server 2008 plug in, when using
GetFeatureInfo requests on WMS services. No matter what tolerances are
set, or the bounding box parameters passed in by the request, only a
single point is used to search for features. This spatial query then
fails in SQL Server with the following error:

"The Polygon input is not valid because the ring does not have enough
distinct points. Each ring of a polygon must contain at least three
distinct points"

I've written up as many details as possible in a post at
http://geographika.co.uk/mapserver-and-sql-server-2008-plug-in
I've tried looking through the sourcecode, but I'm not familiar enough
with C++ to suggest a solution.
Any help, or letting me know of misunderstandings I may have, is
appreciated.
Regards,

Seth