[mapserver-dev] MapFile generator?

Mulone mulone at rome.com
Wed Mar 17 15:58:05 EDT 2010

Hi guys,
I'm trying to set up a mapfile generator to generate a customised mapfile
for different users in my system. Our system is written in Java/Groovy, so
it would seem quite natural to me to set up a few classes modelling the
mapfile content (classes, layers with all the options), and then manipulate
these objects in my app (e.g. show/hide layers, change styles, scales, etc),
and then call a simple "genMapfile()" and write everything to a temp file,
then read by mapserver a few millisecs afterwards.

This looks quite simple to do.

My point is: do you know of any Java/Groovy generator of mapfiles? If not,
do you think it could be interesting for you if I set up a google-code
project on this idea? Do you think this is a sensible solution to my
problem?

Thanks for any comment!

Mulone

-----