[mapserver-dev] GSoC anyone?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Sat Mar 20 16:35:34 EDT 2010

Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Daniel,
> Your negative experience wasn't incentive much enough ;-)  I was
> mentoring in GDAL last year with more success.

Well, if the right project idea and student shows up then I might
actually change my mind.  :)

> While I don't foresee a large amount of spare time available from my
> side this year, I would support to mentor such project, which suits to
> my area of interest. Currently only one topic I have in my mind in this
> regard, that is:
> - Implement a MapServer renderer to utilize the Windows Presentation
> Foundation (WPF) graphical rendering capabilities
> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms748373.aspx>.
> Do we have a site to collect such ideas this year?

I just created a page for MapServer 2010 GSoC ideas and added your idea
to it:
... it is linked from the main OSGeo GSoC ideas page.

Please, other potential mentors add your name and ideas to this page.

> We should somehow pre-filter the students to make sure about their
> willingness before making a final decision.

I agree 200%.

Daniel Morissette