[mapserver-dev] Decoupling Image creation from GD

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Tue Nov 2 02:23:21 EDT 2010

Thomas,
At the last sprint, I think I asked you if there were any plans to
stop using GD to generate our final JPEG/PNG/etc images. When I look
at the AGG driver for example, all the work is done against the GD
image structure, which is finally passed to GD to create the image. I
vaguely remember at the time you said there was a plan to change to a
more standard RGBA structure and convert that to JPEG/PNG/etc
directly. Is that plan still in action or is it a Vague Future Notion?
Paul