[mapserver-dev] maxfeatures/startindex and manipulating the resultcache

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 19 20:38:15 EDT 2010

Folks,

In RFC 62 I had the outstanding issue:

"""
How do we alter msReturnTemplate() to support the WFS limit on number of
features, and offset to the first feature?
"""

I rather than alter msReturnTemplate() to know about WFS "startindex"
and "maxfeatures", I have instead taken the approach of manipulating
(subsetting) the resultCacheObj in advance of the msReturnTemplate() call.

Does anyone see a problem with manipulating the resultCacheObj after the
query is run and before the results are fetched back and processed?

The logic is visible in this changeset:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/changeset/10635

I get a bit confused about the different ways that query works now days and
I'm not 100% confident that this isn't going to break data access from some
drivers.