[mapserver-dev] MapScript for Delphi

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 16:39:28 EDT 2011

Hi Fabrizio,

Maintaining a "hand-made" interface may be painful vs. an autogenerated one
(like csharp), though it may work (like the php mapscript for example) when
having a fair amout of the community members to keep it up to date. Do you
think you would have enough interest to take the maintainer's role if that
was "officially" added in MapServer?

Have you already been trying to use the regasm
tool<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tzat5yw6%28v=VS.80%29.aspx>to
register the csharp bindings as a COM callable wrapper which could
surely
be called from Delphi as well? This seems to be a more straightforward
option, though I don't have any experiences in this topic.

Best regards,

Tamas