[mapserver-dev] 6.0 release scheduling

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jan 12 22:20:48 EST 2011

Hi Daniel,

> There was also a list of INSPIRE compliance issues that was sent to
> this list a few months ago. I didn't have a chance to review it myself
> but I believe Assefa did. Assefa: could we realistically address
> some/most of these for 6.0?

  As a reference, discussions regarding this are in

  From my understanding, there are at least 2 major parts that we need
to address to be able to be INSPIRE compliant:
   - the layer grouping part
   - the multi-language support

The discussions happened mainly around the layer grouping. There is a
possible solution proposed in the trac bug although It still needs some
back and forth to clarify some parts and determine that It is a workable
solution.

There was no discussions that happened around on the language support.
This need to researched a bit to identify the solutions. Off hand I do
not know all the implications on this (some input was given here by Bart
at one point [1])

I believe the grouping part can be addressed for 6.0. I am unsure yet
about the multi-language part.

[1]:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/metadata-language-parameter-inspire-td5167358.html

regards,