[mapserver-dev] Proposal for OWS Dispatch improvement

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Jun 8 09:51:59 EDT 2011

+1 here too, as long as we make sure that the new code deals properly
with the incompatibilities between various OGC service specs and
versions. There is stuff like SERVICE being non-existent (or optional?)
in some older specs, vs newer versions of some specs requiring an
exception if SERVICE is not set... this exception is sometimes required
to pass OGC compliance tests.

If I remember correctly, in order to pass OGC tests we added a
"mode=ows" option that can be used to enforce strict OGC service mode
and produce an exception if the request does not match any supported
service type, instead of falling back on the traditional CGI mode which
is the default behavior when mode=ows is not explicitly set.

Daniel

On 11-06-08 09:39 AM, Kralidis,Tom [Ontario] wrote:

> +1 on the improvement and no RFC needed.  I echo Assefa's comments.
>
> ..Tom

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/