[mapserver-dev] msIO redirection for WMS GetMap not working

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 10 12:58:25 EST 2011

On 11-03-10 12:29 PM, Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Before the new renderer API we could redirect the WxS requests to buffer, like:
>
> mapscript.msIO_installStdoutToBuffer()
> map.OWSDispatch( req )
> content_type = mapscript.msIO_stripStdoutBufferContentType()
> content = mapscript.msIO_getStdoutBufferBytes()
>
> But with the new rendering API this option have been lost, because msSaveImage
> seems to write to stdout, not that way like msSaveImageGD was working. Any
> ideas how to restore the original behaviour?

Tamas,

I filed:

a few weeks ago on this general point and I thought my patch had corrected
the bulk of the issue but I did not dig deeply.  It did fix up the problem
I encountered.  Perhaps you could add additional notes on what isn't working
for you in that ticket?  The change I made was primarily altering the new
built-in jpeg and png writers to use msIO functions.