[mapserver-dev] RE: MapServer 6.0 Beta 1 - Expression Parser question

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Sun Mar 13 10:08:30 EDT 2011

I think I will pursue an intermediate solution where we could allow simple substitution in a text string. That would reserve the logical syntax for times when more formatting is necessary. If one used quotation marks I think we could also detect attribute bindings and just substitute as before. That would still require change in mapfiles but it would be easy:

  TEXT ([item1], [item2]) would become TEXT "[item1], [item2]"

That's actually a cleaner syntax than before... I have to make sure it's feasible, but it should be an easy addition.