[mapserver-dev] Axis order in WMS 1.3.0 (#3582)

Martin Kofahl M.Kofahl at gmx.net
Tue May 3 17:08:37 EDT 2011

Hi Assefa,
you'll find 4326 listed first in line 43 in order to speed up searching some common codes.

I'm not 100% sure about this list, it's generated from the epsg database and there are the axes orientations defined. WMS spec tell's us to care about the axis order. Regarding epsg:31468 and epsg:4326 (the ones I usually use) sql output is correct. After applying the patch people could use the WMS with ArcGIS. In case the list is correct, waiting for user contributions could take a while.

I'll read through the specs agaian...

Martin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------