[mapserver-dev] MapServer - MapCache

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 12:44:23 EDT 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 20:41,  <scott159 at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Actually, I work with MapServer and Mod-geocache (MapCache in future ...). I know MapCache will be include in MapServer 6.2 but I have some questions with this implementation :
> What's release date for MapServer 6.2 ?
q1 2012
> How will be possible to cache layers the layers in mapfile ?
through wms, there is still no link between the mapcache code and the
mapserver one.

> If MapServer and MapCache will be install on same server, will be possible to store cache on differents servers ?
yes, using a network filesystem

> And is it the good way to have WMS and cache service on the same server (4 Go / 8 CPU) ?
mapcache essentially needs fast i/o. mapserver requires cpu power,
memory, and fast i/o, so the two servers need not be dimensioned
equivalently. That said, they can both reside on the same server
without problems.

--
thomas