[mapserver-dev] Generate mapfile from S57/ENC data

boortwijn boortwijn at stepscout.com
Fri Oct 7 03:06:32 EDT 2011

Hej,

I'm working on a site to display nautical charts based on S57 (ENC) format.
Currently working with the NOAA ENC data set.

I was wondering if you could help to automatically generate a mapfile based
on the NOAA ENC set. The idea would be to implement a script that parses all
the sub-directories with data in S57 format, and construct a mapfile.

Where could I find information on this or sample scripts?

Thanks in advance.

Grt, Bart