[mapserver-dev] Re: How to use MAXSCALEDENOM and MINSCALEDENOM ?

Brad Posthumus posthumusb at AGR.GC.CA
Fri Oct 14 18:13:47 EDT 2011

I've had similar results in the past where the image will be blank unless I
explicitly set a scale and xy coordinate (or use an extent) in my request.
MapServer will default to a scale based on your WMS extent (I'm guessing) if
you don't. How are you calling the service to see the output?

Just to be sure MINSCALE and MAXSCALE are working, try setting both to 0 and
see if your map displays (it should).