[mapserver-dev] Call for vote on RFC 75: INSPIRE view service support

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Feb 5 18:32:48 EST 2012

On 2/5/2012 4:31 PM, Stephan Meißl wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I would like to call for a vote on RFC 75: "INSPIRE view service
> support" [1]. There's also a pretty much advanced sandbox implementation
> available [2] for review.
>
> Thanks,
> Stephan
>
> [1] http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-75.html
> [2] http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/sandbox/inspire_soc2011

Hi Steve,

I just read through RFC-75 and one thing that was not clear to me is how
I could change the column name for a label field based on %language%.

So for example in my road data for the middle east I have NAME and
NAME_ALT where NAME_ALT is empty or contains Arabic text for the road name.

So if the language were 'arb' then I would want to display NAME_ALT or
fall back to NAME if it is empty. In SQL I can use coalesce(), but there
is not a function like that for all data providers. Obviously, the
column names could be changed to NAME, NAME_ARB, etc.

Is this supported, or is there an easy way to work around this?

Thanks for all the work you guys have done to support INSPIRE.

-Steve W