[mapserver-dev] Can't configure SVN

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat Mar 3 08:17:43 EST 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to compile svn last night and can't get it to configure

./configure \
   --enable-runpath \
   --enable-ignore-missing-data \
   --with-httpd=/usr/sbin/apache2 \
   --with-proj=/usr \
   --with-agg \
   --with-gd \
   --with-freetype \
   --with-postgis \
   --without-tiff \
   --with-wmsclient \
   --with-fribidi-config=/usr/local/bin/fribidi-config \
   --with-gdal \
   --with-wfs \
   --with-ogr \
   --with-experimental-png \
   --with-geos \
   --with-cairo=yes

And it fails with java stuff that I do not want and didn't request.
Should we have an option like:

--with-java=no

checking if --with-java-include-os-name specified... no, autodetected linux
checking for javac... /usr/bin/javac
checking symlink for /usr/bin/javac... /etc/alternatives/javac
checking symlink for /etc/alternatives/javac...
/etc/alternatives/kaffe-system/bin/javac
configure: error: cannot find java include files

Any ideas on how to work around this?

-Steve W