[mapserver-dev] Call for vote on RFC 75: INSPIRE view service support

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Mar 5 09:35:11 EST 2012

On 12-02-05 4:31 PM, Stephan Meißl wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I would like to call for a vote on RFC 75: "INSPIRE view service
> support" [1]. There's also a pretty much advanced sandbox implementation
> available [2] for review.
>
> Thanks,
> Stephan
>
> [1] http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-75.html
> [2] http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/sandbox/inspire_soc2011

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this.

One question that crossed my mind in reviewing the RFC is about the
multi-language support. The "inspire" in the name of the
wms_inspire_languages metadata suggests that it would be of use only
when INSPIRE stuff is enabled.

Since multi-language support could be of general use for all OWS specs,
I would suggest changing the metadata name to "[wms|ows]_languages" and
ensuring it can work independently of the rest of the INSPIRE stuff.

A future enhancement could be to implement multi-language support for
all OWS specs, but I realize that this is outside the scope of the
current INSPIRE-related RFC work.

Other than that the rest of the RFC seems fine to me (even if I admit
that I didn't review everything in details), so I'd be +1 once we
address/discuss the language issue above.

Thank you for taking this on

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/