[mapserver-dev] I'm finding problems using SVG symbols in trunk

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Mar 16 13:15:13 PDT 2012

Hi Assefa, Zak, Anyone,

I am running into some odd behavior using SVG symbols and trunk
Revision: 13263.

I created a bunch of SVG symbols and in mapserver some display fine
without a problem, some display partially ok but part of the symbol is
distorted or missing and in one case the symbol does not display at all.
I all cases the symbols display fine in Inkscape and render without a
problem in Firefox.

So far I have just been playing with the images reconstructing them from
scratch, etc to try and get them to work because initially I assumed it
was my issue not being very knowledgeable about using Inkscape, and it
might still be my issue. But I'm starting to wonder if I'm running into
a mapserver bug.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Regardless, I guess I'll have to create a bug and start attaching SVG
symbols to it.

-Steve W