[mapserver-dev] the state of msautotest

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 11:30:15 PDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 8:09 PM, Daniel Morissette
<dmorissette at mapgears.com> wrote:
> On 12-09-14 1:50 PM, thomas bonfort wrote:
>>
>> In the longer run, I am somewhat hesitant about adding mapscript tests
>> as mapscript tends to lag a bit behing the development going on in
>> core mapserver. My main point being that if we allow tests to fail for
>> some time, we completely loose the advantages of having a system that
>> informs us immediately of a commit that produced an error. What do you
>> guys think?
>>

> Short Friday afternoon answer: I think that we should instead fix this
> MapScript lag problem, and then the tests won't be an issue. i.e. require
> that devs that make core change also address the MapScript impacts which are
> usually relatively small and easy to address.
Daniel,
They do require some knowledge of at least swig and zend syntaxes.
This is something that I personally am not very comfortable with. A
big +1 however on the fact that it would provide incentive to either
tackle the issue immediately or nag someone to do it for you :)

have a nice weekend,

thomas